I was glad that the only thing on our calendar was Evan's first spring soccer game. He's playing micro soccer in the YMCA Youth Sports league again this year (fewer practices= fewer commitment for his parents). The mighty Mercury team includes Evan and two of his classmates, Andrew and Tristan. Brian was relieved that a couple of the other dads stepped up and reluctantly volunteered to coach. And I was pleasantly surprised to see how Evan had improved since last year. He's been dragging his dad out to practice kicking in the evenings after dinner and it's paid off. In fact, Evan scored one of two goals for his team and the Mercury won, 2-1.
After the game, I suggested D'Leon's takeout for dinner, hoping some spicy salsa would open up my sinuses. It was tasty, but I ended up crashing at 8 pm and took Brian up on his generous offer to put Evan to bed.
Cough, cough, sniffle, sniffle, sneeze.

No comments:
Post a Comment